You can set up to start publishing on Google Play in only a few minutes. Here's how you do it:
- Register for a Google Play publisher account
- If you will sell apps, set up a Google Wallet Merchant Account
- Explore the Google Play Developer Console and learn about the tools for publishing
Register for a publisher account
The first step is to visit the Google Play Developer Console and register for a publisher account.
Here's what you will do during registration:
- Visit the Google Play Developer Console at https://play.google.com/apps/publish/.
- Enter basic information about your developer identity — developer name, email address, and so on. You can modify this information later.
- Read and accept the Developer Distribution Agreement that applies to your country or region. Note that apps and store listings that you publish on Google Play must comply with the Developer Program Policies and US export law,
- Pay a $25 USD registration fee using Google Wallet. If you don't have a Google Wallet account, you can quickly set one up during the process.
When your registration is verified, you’ll be notified at the email address you specified during registration.
Set up a Google Wallet Merchant account
If you want to sell products on Google Play — priced apps, in-app products, or subscriptions — you will also need to set up a Google Wallet Merchant Account. You can do that at any time, but make sure to first review the list of merchant countries.
To set up a Merchant account from the Developer Console:
- Sign in to your Google Play Developer Console at https://play.google.com/apps/publish/
- Open Financial reports on the side navigation.
- Click Setup a Merchant Account now.
This takes you to the Google Wallet site to sign up as a Merchant; you'll need information about your business available to complete this step.
Explore the Developer Console
When your registration is verified, you can sign in to your Developer Console, which will be the home for your app publishing operations and tools on Google Play.